Interfaith Food Center
- Social Services
The Interfaith Food Center is a non-faith-based, non-profit 501(c)(3) charity organization dedicated to meeting the needs of our hungry and homeless neighbors in Whittier, La Mirada and Santa Fe Springs.
IFC was founded in 1983 when several local churches and synagogues recognized a developing need as the number of malnourished senior citizens in the Whittier and La Mirada area continued to grow. This was primarily due to the impact of rising inflation while living on fixed incomes and limited Social Security dollars. This group of compassionate individuals organized and started Interfaith Food Center as a community-based food distribution center, serving some 30 low-income local families.
Today, Interfaith Food Center is one of the largest food pantries in California, serving more than 1,300 households on a weekly basis from a 6800 square foot warehouse/distribution facility equipped with commercial refrigerators and freezers and a walk-in cooler unit to properly handle & store food donations.
Annually, IFC places more than three million pounds of food in the hands of struggling families and individuals. Food is obtained from the Los Angeles Regional Foodbank, local markets, churches, community organizations, and individual donors.
Whom to Contact
- Marianne AndersenNutrition CoordinatorPhone: (562) 903-1478 Ext. 201
- Veronica CastroExecutive DirectorPhone: (562) 903-1478 x 205
- Amy L CattDevelopment and Finance Director
- Nancy DiazAdministrative DirectorPhone: (562) 903-1478 x 203
- Susie MedinaOffice AssistantPhone: (562) 903-1478
- Erika TrejoProgram CoordinatorPhone: (562) 903-1478 x 202